The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the distribution center facility equipment and the automation of equipment.
1. Ensure that the Company Vision statement is used as the primary guide for decision making. Lead and support employee behavior that reflects the term "customer" refers to dealers, suppliers, and all company employees.
2. Maintain confidential company records. Limit access to vital operational information and computer information only to authorized personnel.
3. Independently perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs on plumbing, heating, refrigeration, air-conditioning, low-voltage electrical systems, and other building systems and equipment.
4. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
5. Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair conveyor motors, belts and system.
6. Maintain an awareness of equipment operation, especially excessive heat, vibration, and noise, reporting malfunctions, hazards or wear to supervisor.
7. Perform all assigned planned maintenance conveyor system.
8. Maintain industrial equipment and perform diagnostics and maintenance as required.
9. Perform building maintenance as needed (carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical).
10. Perform welding repairs to equipment as needed.
11. Maintain parts inventory for conveyors and power equipment.
12. Completes or initiates work record sheets, as required.
13. Maintain logs and other required records; reports on breakdowns and equipment being tested.
14. Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties.
15. Follow lock out/tag out procedures as required and maintain a safe work environment.
16. Maintain housekeeping expectations around all work areas including maintenance shop and/or work bench.
17. Assist 3rd party vendors and contractors as needed to complete repairs and projects
18. Comply with all OSHA safety regulations and practices.
19. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate in a professional manner.
2. Good time management skills
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and technical manuals pertaining to facilities and equipment installed and serviced.
4. General computer knowledge including Microsoft Word and Excel
5. Ability to work independently and as a team
6. Skilled in the use of the tools and performance of the tasks of the various trades utilized to repair the systems.
High School diploma or equivalent
1. Minimum 2-3 years’ work related experience.
2. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a distribution center.
1. 3-5 years’ work related experience.
2. 3-5 years’ experience in a distribution center.
Works in a distribution center. Noise level is usually moderate to loud, depending on the level of activity in the distribution center.
Reports to Distribution Center Manager
The physical demands include, but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, communicating, seeing, hearing, use of hands, and lifting.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.