This position reports directly to members of the Customer Service Management team, including Lead CSR's, Supervisors, and CS Manager. The primary responsibilities of this position are to answer and process calls, complete the order entry process, provide sales support to sales reps, resolve customer complaints, and direct all incoming phone calls made to the customer service department.
1. Check stock availability for customers and advise them of anticipated delivery dates if the item is immediately unavailable.
2. Interact with the customers to determine their needs and suggest the best possible product to address those needs.
3. Maintain knowledge of appropriate substitutions for items that are out of stock and suggest such items as an alternative for the customer.
4. Sell merchandise, and maintain current knowledge of features and benefits of merchandise sold by the Company, as well as availability of the merchandise.
5. Maintain a professional image both on the phone and in person as a Company representative.
6. Refer phone calls to the appropriate personnel, or take and deliver messages as required.
7. Enter sales and credit data into the computer system and review for accuracy before releasing for order processing.
8. Inform customers of new product availability, catalog corrections, and substitutions during order entry process.
9. Memorize, understand, and convey the Company Vision statement to all customers.
10. Interact with, and furnish information to other departments within the Company as necessary or requested.
11. Perform UPS or other shipping tracers on items ordered but not received as specified by your supervisor. Inform the customer involved of the product's status.
12. Place special orders for customers as authorized by supervisors, and follow up and advise the customer of the status of their special orders on a timely basis.
13. Maintain knowledge of and implement all policies and procedures required by the credit department for extended or special terms order processing.
14. Maintain assigned customers' back order reports and releases as required. Advise assigned customers of shippable back orders as directed by them and the sales rep.
15. Process TRDealer electronically transmitted orders as directed by supervisor.
16. Develop a positive working relationship with assigned sales reps.
17. Direct requests that are inconsistent with supervisory or policy direction to supervisor for consultation.
18. Provide technical support to the customer or sales rep on a timely basis.
19. Provide input to management suggesting improved methods of operation.
20. Maintain awareness of resources on product information on close out and discontinued merchandise.
21. Complete RGA processes according to policy.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
1. Customer Service skills.
2. Data entry skills and proficient with 10-key pad operations.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
4. Knowledge of Excel and Word.
5. Strong detail orientation and accuracy.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
1. One to two years related experience and/or training.
2. Motorcycle knowledge and experience is a plus.
1. Works in office environment.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Reports to members of the Customer Support Management team, including Lead, Supervisor, Manager, and Director.