This position is responsible for the Region’s achievement of maximum profitability and sales growth in line with company vision and values. Executes sales strategies to grow sales and expand the Regions’ dealer base while contributing to the growth and development of the sales staff.
1. Responsible for the Regions’ Strategic Management & Financial Planning
a. In conjunction with the ASD develops, executes, supports and reinforces sales strategies and initiatives to address challenging and complex competitive situations at the territory level.
b. Leads the execution of dealer growth plans and uses metrics to monitor progress against goals.
c. Prioritizes and allocates resources to attract and retain dealers.
d. Assists in the development of and adherence to Regions’ operating income goals.
e. Develops a sales growth plan with the Sales Reps and executes strategies to meet or exceed the plan.
f. Leads and directs Regions’ Sales Team to create economic value through the maximization of sales and profitability which includes:
i. Driving sales growth, including targeting new dealers
ii. Increasing market penetration with existing dealers.
g. Is knowledgeable of regional market trends, sales strategies, company initiatives, programs, products and services.
2. Sales Team Leadership and Development
a. Drives productivity of the sales team members through evaluation of and coaching on proven sales skills, attributes and processes. Addresses developmental areas of sales skills, attributes, processes and technical knowledge with each team member.
b. Communicates sales strategies and priorities related to new products, proprietary and key distributed brand priorities to team. Organizes and leads team meetings to manage sales activities.
c. Transfers marketing, prospecting and selling skills to team members through training, coaching, ride alongs’ and professional development sessions.
d. Ensures successful on-boarding and training of new team members.
e. Establishes stretch goals and monitors progress towards the goals.
f. Evaluates team members by giving timely and candid feedback and providing appropriate recognition.
g. Ensures team is providing dealers with excellent service.
h. Sets examples for team members in areas of selling skills and work habits.
3. Sales Growth and New Business
a. Proactively leads the development of sales strategies with the Sales Reps to increase sales and gain market share.
b. Ensures the use of Customer Needs Analysis (CNA’S).
c. Supports Sales Reps in targeting, soliciting and securing new business.
d. Tracks and reports industry market trends and sales intelligence to the Area Sales Director, including specific recommendations designed to gain market share and increase sales growth.
4. Dealer, Proprietary and Key Distributed Brand Management
a. Maintains positive dealer relationships by ensuring the exceptional delivery of TR/BC’s value added services.
b. Maintains positive relationships between TR/BC and distributed brands.
c. Collaborates with appropriate TR/BC resources to maximize efficiencies and provide exceptional customer service.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
1. Proven sales ability, including negotiation and closing skills.
2. Demonstrated leadership ability.
3. Highly customer focused.
4. Demonstrated good judgment, professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentially.
5. Well organized with ability to work in a fast paced competitive field environment with minimal immediate supervision.
6. Financial acumen and problem-solving skills.
7. Computer proficiency.
8. Familiarity with power sports products/services.
High School diploma or equivalent
1. Minimum 2-4 years outside sales experience.
2. Minimum 3 years previous sales management and/or business development experience.
1. 3-5 years outside sales experience in the power sports industry.
2. 5+ years’ previous sales management and/or business development experience.
1. Works in home office and dealer shop conditions.
2. Frequent travel to dealer, vendor and corporate locations, as required.