The Brand Manager has direct profit & loss statement responsibility and accountability to ensure market competitiveness and profitability is consistent with annual and long-term plans. The Brand Manager will develop and implement brand strategies and marketing programs to support, enhance and maintain the brand image. The Brand Manager is responsible for managing the overall product offering for a brand. The Brand Manager will provide the exchange of information with the supply chain for all brand information.
1. Develop and communicate brand strategies.
2. Develop and execute key brand initiative and marketing programs to support, enhance and maintain the brand image.
3. Coordinate with the Supply Chain’s Sales, Marketing, Finance and Products representatives to establish forecasts, sales targets, pricing, margins and annual budgets.
4. Develop and present new product introduction plans, coordinating sales launch activities and new product releases.
5. Work with suppliers, design and merchandise staff, and the supply chain in the development of new products, sourcing qualified suppliers, negotiating terms and pricing, and identifying products to discontinue.
6. Ensure the brand provides the Supply Chain and end users with the products they need and desire at competitive prices.
7. Provides the exchange of information with the supply chain for all brand information. This includes, but is not limited to, the exchange of product pricing, supplier information and product details for the supply chain’s purchasing/inventory management, training and sales functions.
8. Coordinate with the Supply Chain to schedule product deliveries to support new product releases.
9. Assist in development of print and web-based brand catalogs.
10. Coordinate the process of discontinuing product with Supply Chain.
11. Develop and manage supplier relationships
a. Insure the best supplier choice is made for each product
b. Provide reporting to suppliers as needed.
12. Manage brand warranty issues.
13. Conduct and review market research to anticipate market trends.
14. Consult with retailers and Supply Chain sales representatives for market requirements and product features.
15. Identify, qualify and create new products
a. Coordinate product design, style and development from concept to production.
b. Develop and execute product pricing and value strategies.
c. Coordinate product packaging and labeling.
16. Ensure completeness and competitiveness of brand offering.
17. Maintain open lines of daily communication with Supply Chain sales via email and telephone.
18. Work directly with media contacts to represent the brand.
19. Represent the brand at critical trade and consumer show.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
1. Energetic and passionate about their product specialty.
2. Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
3. Good presentation skills.
4. Instinctive feeling about future product concepts.
5. Courage, passion and power of imagination.
6. Curiosity to ask questions with the skill and patience to be a good listener.
7. Analytical power to comprehend the market situations.
8. Understand and support the detail process of new product development.
9. Able to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business.
10. A team leader, able to inspire others.
High School diploma or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related degree.
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience in product development.
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing.
3. Familiarity with segment and/or product specialty of the brand.
1. 5 years brand management.
2. Enthusiast of the segment related to the brand.
1. Works in office environment
2. Periodic to frequent travel, as required.
Reports to Senior Director Brands