The role of the Logistics Manager is to provide leadership, oversight, and control of Tucker Rocky’s transportation, inbound and outbound, domestic and international freight, programs (CT-PAT), regulations and documentation.
1. Monitor and analyze all aspects of our transportation logistics supply chain, with a view to maximizing efficiency, minimize costs and delivery time, and balancing those criteria.
2. Identify opportunities for improvement and review with management.
3. Report against Logistics KPIs.
4. Act as a contributor to the annual budgeting and forecasting processes in order to ensure logistics are executing to the financial plan.
5. Investigate and report on variances between actual freight costs and forecasts to understand trends, rate increases, port delays, potential risks and opportunities, devise and implement mitigation strategies.
6. Assist in the design and implementation of new global logistics processes and procedures to positively impact key performance metrics.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel and PowerPoint
3. Strong reporting, forecasting, diagnosis, statistical analysis, process improvement and planning and strategy skills.
4. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
5. Strong negotiation and vendor relationship skills
6. Self-starter with the ability to multitask
7. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
8. Comfortable working with and articulating financial and Logistics concepts to management
High school diploma or equivalent
1. Previous experience as a Logistics Manager, with domestic and international import and export freight experience.
2. Liaison and negotiation with Logistics Vendors, contract review, RFQ process, relationship management
3. Knowledgeable on all relevant forms of government and customs import and export regulations
4. Transport cost monitoring
1. 5 years Logistics implementation, planning or related analytical experience
2. Motorcycle knowledge and experience a plus
3. Staff management experience
4. Transportation and route planning for multi drop deliveries
5. System experience (JDA and Provia WMS) preferred
Works in an office environment